Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Gift of Horror for Christmas

Is your significant other into horror? Then the release of 52 Stitches (Volume 2) should be of interest to you. This newly released collection of horror stories from Aaron Polson and the folks at Strange Publications is described at Amazon as:

"...quick, dark and sometimes mean. You'll find black humor here. Zombies. Killer Angels. Maybe a vampire or two. But there are other, less common, horrors at work. Even a few subtle, unsettling tales which stretch far beyond their few pages. Each story can be read in a few minutes, but will haunt you for much longer."

Man, if that doesn't scream Christmas, I don't know what does...

Lurking within its depths is my story "Thor's Hammer," an innocent coming-of-age story of three children in a small New Hampshire town. Ok, maybe its a bit darker than that...

You can link to 52 Stitches (Volume 2) at Amazon here. I encourage you to drop by and buy a copy. As you may have heard, the profits from the sale of this anthology go to Jamie Eyberg's memorial fund put in place for his children.

5 comments:

Entre Nous said...

Yup, this is going to be a late entry on my Christmas list.... Nothing like a good scream or two to celebrate a holiday... :O

Laurita said...

Excellent. Great cover and a good cause too.

Aaron Polson said...

Thanks for the signal boost, Alan.

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

I need me one of those. Alan, will you buy me one for Christmas? As the Mayor of St. John's, I think you could probably afford one for me and, hey, for EVERYONE on the flash circuit! Books all round! Woot!

Alan W. Davidson said...

Joni- Yep, I've always thought that there's a fine line between Christmas and horror.

Laurita- I thought it was a wicked cover as well.

Aaron- Not a problem, my friend.

Cathy- There I am...buying books like free drinks at the bar...you are forgetting that I'm Scottish, my dear! Perhaps Santa can slip a copy into your stocking this year.