A lot of people will make promises today on how they will better themselves in the upcoming year. I prefer not to make resolutions. I figure that if you can't make those choices to better yourself at any point during the year, why make them on New Year's eve when you're drunk and silly. Or on New Years day when you are hung over. Here is a list of things that I probably won't do to better myself:
- I shall get more weekly exercise than running about, wheezing for an hour while playing basketball with a bunch of
geriatric mensvelt athletes. Perhaps I will walk the dog more. Maybe even dig out the old Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies" VHS tapes (1 through 5) and my satin shorts from that unmarked box in the crawlspace. I shall eat less junk food.I shall try harder to use a napkin while eating soft ice cream.
- Perhaps 2011 will be the year I throw away that old rotary phone and embrace technology and buy myself a cell phone.
- This will be the year that I stop watching reality TV shows coz there's enough reality in my own life.
- I shall be more tolerant of the kids from the neighbouring Junior High School and try to curse them out less when they throw litter on my lawn or kick over my garbage cans.
- I shall contribute to the #fridayflash scene more with short stories.
- I shall finally start working on that long-term novel project (sighs).
- I shall dry-clean my fez this year. The odour of camel is getting a bit much.
- I shall shave off all of my hair again this year...yeah, right!...I love my silver mane too much. However, my good friend Laurita Miller of Brian Droppings is taking the plunge and participating in this year's Shave for the Brave to raise money (her goal is $2000) to help young people dealing with cancer. A fantastic thing for Laurita to do and a very worthy cause. I believe this link will take you to her fundraising page and this link will take you to the home page for Shave for the Brave.