Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Adventure Has a New Face

Just a quick note to refer you to Hollywood Spy blog. Dezmond has posted a trailer for a movie being released in Europe this April. "Les Aventures Extra ordinaires d'Adèle Blanc-Sec" is written and directed by Luc Besson ("The Fifth Element", "Subway" and "Le grand bleu") and is set in France about 100 years ago. The title character is described as a female Indiana Jones who will go to great lengths to achieve her goals. I could go on, but you may as well watch the trailer to get a feel of the Edwardian meeting the bizarre.

You can link to the embedded video at Hollywood Spy here, or by clicking on my link to YouTube below. I'm hoping that if it's successful in Europe, it will get screen time in larger centres of North America (with either sub-titles or dubbed in English).

12 comments:

Fox Lee said...

Everything is classier in French : )

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

That looks like fun!

CJ Hodges MacFarlane said...

Oooh I love Luc Besson, some of my favorite movies are directed and written by him, starring Jean Reno.
I will be interested in seeing this, thanks for the 'quick note'.

Anonymous said...

"dubbed in English"

For shame!

Rebecca Nazar said...

Love the poster.

JournoMich said...

The movie looks fantastic, Besson is amazing and Hollywood Spy is one of the best blogs around! Thanks, Alan!

Oh, and I just noticed your Quotation of the Day spot--love it! (Also, my son is transfixed by your spinning globe.)

If you feel like writing: Writing Prompt Wednesdays today on my blog!
Michele
SouthernCityMysteries

Alan W. Davidson said...

Nat-Mais, oui!

Cathy-Yeah, the special effects sure make movie-going interesting these days.

CJ-I've loved most things that Jean Reno has been it.

Anton-Only if it's dubbed well. I'm sure that some Irish dialogue has been dubbed in the past...

Becca-Yeah. She looks so demure (I think that's the right word). I wish she was shown more in the trailer.

Michele- Agreed. I think that Dez does a fine job of digging up information and movie trailers. I'm glad your son likes the spinning globe. I stare at it too...

Katey said...

That looks brilliant, and just up my alley. I adore Besson.

But I really hope it's not dubbed. I know it can be done well but-- argh. It burns!

Danielle Birch said...

Sounds fabulous.

K.C. Shaw said...

Looks interesting, but you know you had me at "female Indiana Jones." I hope it makes it here.

Alan W. Davidson said...

Katey-I would have to remember to go to the movies with my glasses on...

Danielle-I think so too.

KC-I'd love to see it as well. It's doubtful here with a population of about 140K in the region, it doesn't qualify as a major centre.

DEZMOND said...

Oh, and I thought you folks from the other side of ocean don't like European movies :) Everytime I posted some story on European film projects, I had a very small number of comments :) I hope the things are changing :)
GLad you liked this one, Alan ;)