Thursday, July 16, 2009

Treadin' water

Yep. Still here. The daunting world of blogging and subject matter of said blog hasn't scared me away yet. It's been a hectic few days, though. Went out-of-town to visit the parents for 2, they came here for 2, and the general workload has increased. Optimism is running rampant that the economic downturn is finally, well, turning down...I've been trying to make arrangements for an out-of-town visit to one of our buildings under construction, a mere 5 hour drive away. Knowing the weather here, there's a 50-50 chance I won't get rained on.

On the writing front, I've been picking away at a story I want to send to Necrotic Tissue. Breathing New Life is a 850 word story that started as a 300 word flash but sort of grew in scope with the hint of "naughtiness" injected into an additional scene. I'm at the point where I've edited at least 5 times and I'm about to say Shag It, and send it off as-is...

Ah, no real topic today. Let me throw out some random words and you can expand discuss at will:

swimming, quantum physics, garden fairies, pantaloons, anniversaries...oh, that reminds me, today is our 15th anniversary so I thought to celebrate the day I would toss a photo of myself into cyberspace. I'll leave the better half out to protect the innocent. The photo proves that A) I don't dress like a bum all of the time and B) That I did have dark hair at one point.



Wow, just goes to show what 15 years will do to a guy. I usually say the grey started that day and has since been on me like a maritime fog. On other occasions I blame it on the 'space cadet' who arrived on our doorstep about a year and a half after the picture was taken. Of course, that's just one guys opinion...anyway, I'm still here, just treadin' water. Bye for now.

7 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Happy Anniversary, and good luck with NT.

Rebecca Nazar said...

Very sharp, Alan. Happy Anniversary.

Fox Lee said...

Ying is starting to get his grey. Well, actually white. And given how long his hair is, he's going to end up looking like some Chinese movie villain.

K.C. Shaw said...

Happy anniversary. You clean up good. :) I yank my gray hairs out when I notice them, which means before long I'll be bald.

Alan W. Davidson said...

Thank you all for the anniversary wishes.

Natalie - you're description of Ying has me picturing some of the pics of David Carradine over the years...except more Chinese...

KC - My first grey came in at 19, so if I started yanking them I probably would be bald by now. Grey I can live with, bald is something else...

Katey said...

I could've sworn I posted a "hope the anniversary was a good one" and "good luck with NT" comment here this morning. Goes to show I shouldn't be up before 9am, I guess.

But both of those, definitely! I have one waiting at NT to see if it makes final cuts or not. I'm there with you, man.

Alan W. Davidson said...

Thanks, Katey! And try way more coffee in the morning...