The giver of this fine award, herself thought of as strange in some circles, is horror writer Natalie L. Sin who can normally be found lurking at Written by Sin. On a side note, I once considered hosting a contest to try to determine what the middle initial 'L' is in her name. But then I thought it a strange idea and stowed it away...
The 'Strange Men in Pinstripe Suits' award is given to only the strangest of folk, and as the recipient of such you are deemed very strange indeed. Congratulations. Now you must go forth and celebrate the strangeness of friends (and strangers - strangers are always allowed) by nominating blogs run by strange folk. *Beware, some people don't like you to refer to them as strange…Try to avoid them if possible.
Note that Cate Gardner's short story collection 'Strange Men in Pinstripe Suits' is forthcoming this October from the fine folks at Strange Publications.
1. Add the logo of the award to your blog post.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you (don't mess with strange people).
3. Nominate seven other blogs telling us why you think the recipient is strange enough to deserve the award.
4. Leave a message for those nominated on their blogs.
5. And, if you email catephoenix(at)gmail(dot)com and tell her you've received the award for your strangeness, she'll enter you in the biggest kick-ass Strange Men competition ever. Details over at strangemeninpinstripesuits.com (click on the award link on the home page)
So them be the rules behind this strange contest. Do check out her link as there a some cool prizes available.
I shall pass on this award, and all the accompanying strangeness, to the following three people who are among the most strange that I know...
Kara McElhinny of Random thoughts of a writery girl, Rebecca Nazar of Scratch That, and Laura Eno of A Shift in Dimensions. I am picking these three ladies because they are all fine writers of horrific and, quite frankly, strange things. And I'm sure they don't mind being included in club 'Le Strange'.
According to the award/meme rules I should be passing this award on to seven people. Heck, half of you reading this would qualify...I shall include a photo below, taken 1990 in India. If you think it particularly strange consider yourself awarded "The Strange Men in Pinstripe Suits" award and therefore tagged in this meme. Go forth and be strange!