I apparently have to reveal 10 things about myself. I have given this a lot of thought today (perhaps you could smell the wood burning from your location). I shall try not to copy from the list of 10 things I revealed when I received a different award back in January.
- Although I am a fairly sedate home-body, I have engaged in such activities as: downhill skiing, snowshoeing, archery, snorkeling, rock climbing and have even fired a replica of a Kalashnikov automatic rifle (AK-47).
- I am fairly grey now (duh!) and found my first grey hair at the tender age of 19.
- In my mid 20's I applied to the police force but was turned down.
- On the first official date with my now wife, I showed up at her apartment door not with flowers, but with a dozen brown eggs that a co-worker gave me for driving him to work for the week.
- As a child I made it known that I wanted to visit China, Japan, India, Egypt and Nepal. So far I have made it to three of these countries.
- My father had a boat when I was a teenager and we often got up a 3:30am on the weekends to go salmon fishing.
- I have been employed as a structural steel draftsman for 18 years, but prior to that had an odd assortment of jobs such as: painter's helper, dog catcher, floor sweeper at K-mart, warehouse worker, geological clerk, and a doughnut baker/decorator/delivery guy.
- I love going to live shows and have seen musical such as Phantom of the Opera, Cats, The Full Monty, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat and Fiddler on the Roof.
- I have not been to a lot of live rock concerts but have seen acts such as Neil Young, Yes, Pink Floyd, AC/DC and even the Bay City Rollers (*hangs head in shame*)
- I had not produced a display for a public school assembly on ancient civilizations, so I borrowed a cat suit from a class mate and dressed up as a Persian cat. Sorry, no photos!
I am choosing to make this award more valuable by only passing it along to 3 other people instead of the recomended 10 to avoid the mass proliferation that accompanies these treasures. I have been enjoying the blogs and writing of all three of these ladies and look forward to their #fridayflash contributions. Danielle La Paglia, Icy Sedgwick and Rachel Blackbirdsong are now recipients of this fine green shield thingy. Congratulations!
Umm...that's a rap. Yep, an odd assortment of shtuff there to comment on for sure. Speaking of comments...I shall be in isolation from Wednesday morning until Saturday night. A good friend told me that I should not mention that I will not have access to a computer and be unable to comment on what you folks say about this post. Personally, I think that numbers 4, 9 & 10 are very comment-worthy...I don't think it's a big deal because I know y'all will play nice and keep your comments kosher. Otherwise I will be back in the blogosphere on Sunday to give the evil ones a verbal spanking. Yes, Natalie, I used the word 'spanking'.