Monday, August 30, 2010

So Ya Want Me to Spin a Wedding Yarn?

There has been zero writing done for several days now. This is entirely due to working overtime since last Wednesday and all day Saturday and Sunday. What a guy's gotta do to make a buck!

I did manage to present a #fridayflash story last week. The only reason that happened was the fact that I dug deep into the Davidson archives and dusted off an old class assignment from night school a couple of years ago. The biggest chore about that was changing it from first person to third person. If anyone missed the story, it is the previous blog posting.

Speaking of the Davidson archives...if you want some true Davidson dirt, you should head immediately over to Life on the Muskoka River where the creative and hilarious Cathy Olliffe is presenting another of her amusing and insightful wedding stories. The victim this time? Let's just say that he's not wearing a fez but he is wearing a tux and a black beard...enjoy. Drop by and listen as I tell the story of meeting and wedding my wife in the first person. And I hardly lie at all.

12 comments:

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

Overtime, eh?
We'll have to start calling you Moneybags Davidson.
Thanks for the plug, kilt-man!

Alan W. Davidson said...

Moneybags. Har!

Hey advertising is a good thing. Really, plugging you is really plugging me. Ummm...that didn't sound right but I'm sure that you get the drift.

Who's next on the wedding agenda? I bet David Barber would be interesting. All that noir he writes...you know that someone's gotta die at a wedding of his...

kathryn said...

Oh, this should be good. Getting another glass of wine...

Fox Lee said...

Ah, I can never say no to a man in a kilt.

David Barber said...

I'll get over there when I return from another day slaving over tiles and adhesive. What a guy has to do to earn a few quid, eh? :-)

I'll also catch up with your holiday posts.

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

Ooo, another working man... Ya DAvid, love to hear your weddin' story.

Mari said...

Loved to hear your clarification of the wedding episode. I hope your girl-fans won't disappear after that, heh. ;)

Laura Eno said...

I was glad to see you over there, even without a fez or a kilt...

Aaron Polson said...

Heh. No fez, no kilt. No problem. ;)

Danielle Birch said...

I wish I could say work was the reason I haven't been writing as much as I should.

Heading over to have a read...

Katey said...

HAHAHAHA, okay, THAT was a wedding story. :D

Alan W. Davidson said...

Thanks, everyone, for the kind and interesting comments...!