Friday, August 13, 2010

Just Call Me Big Al, Pimpmeister

There were a few things I wanted to pimp out promote this week but being the first week back after holidays and some unexpected house guests I haven't found the time. Please refer to all the links below. I'm sure that there's something for everybody. From this day forth, Ant Venutolo said that he will call me Huggy Bear (I think he's gonna send me the fur coat and the fedora with the purple band and big feather). Luckily it's only 16C here today (62F) so the zebra suit isn't too hot to wear!


  1. The final two installments of Katey Taylor's Vampire Commentaries are now available for your enjoyment (who am I kidding, they have been available for ages. I've just been negligent about bringing it up). Part 4 covers the movies Chronos (1993), Interview with the Vampire (1994) and Shadow of the Vampire (2000). Part 5 covers the movies 30 Days of Nights (2007), Let the Right One in (2008) and Twilight (2008). Click the links for a bit of inspired banter from her characters Gianni and Liam.

  2. I believe that you still have 2 days to enter your 101 word stories to Michael J. Solender's Dog Days of Fiction contest over at his blog not from here, are you? You can click on the link here for the contest details. Winners will be published in the Not's e-chapbook...

  3. I still think that there's time to cast your vote for the top story in Kat's Smutfest 2010 up at her blog Crooked Tales. Her top three are on display for your enjoyment (nudge, nudge, wink, wink). Link here for the stories.

  4. It is now time to submit your horror stories to Erin Cole at Listen to the Voices for her 13 Days of Horror that lead up to Halloween. Submissions close on Oct. 1 and you can click the link here for all the gory details. The quality of the stories was amazing last year, and I can only assume the murky pool of talent that will be submitting is much deeper this year. It will be tougher to make the cut, but the payoff for the readers will be big.

19 comments:

David Barber said...

Thanks for the links, Alan. Have a great weekend.

Rachel Blackbirdsong said...

Thank you for these and love the photograph, btw. You have quite an interesting fashion sense.

Michael Solender said...

You are THE pimpmeister- thanx for the nod Alan, love the outfit..

Laurita said...

Thanks, Huggy - uh, I mean Alan. I would highly suggest sending stories to Erin's 13 Days of Horror. And if you don't submit, at least mark it on your calendar to read.

I'm looking forward to reading the stories from Michael's contest. They should be great.

Linda said...

Thanks for all the good info. You look good in stripes and purple -- very fine indeedy! Peace...

Cate Gardner said...

I love Katey's vampire commentaries. She should continue them for at least the rest of the year.

Fox Lee said...

Don't forget the gilded pimp cup!

Laura Eno said...

Excellent pimpage...

Kat said...

Rock on Alan! You never looked better, Chico. :)

Yup. Tomorrow is the last day to vote.

Thanks for the pimpage! :D

kathryn said...

Wow...that's some....outfit. I'd no idea there was this side to you. So...naughty...with absolutely no regard for good fashion sense whatsoever.

Do you feel better, now that you've pimped a bit? Gotten it out of your system...or can we expect more?

Anonymous said...

That get up is simply awesome. Thanks for the links and welcome back from the vacay! :)

Alan W. Davidson said...

Thanks for all the kind comments, folks!

Katey said...

Oh my gosh, the zebra suit is officially the best thing ever!

Thanks for the signal boost. The boys (weird to call someone over 100 a boy, but he is!) had fun, and that means they shut up and leave me alone for a while :D

Paula RC said...

Thank you for the links, Alan

Mari said...

You'd look quite... interesting on that suit, heh. Picture please? :P

Thanks for pointing out to all this good stuff. I'm sorry that I'm late for a few though.

Please keep pimping! :)

Unknown said...

Alan... you do PIMP well.

Lou Freshwater said...

Sorry, the band on the fedora should totally be lime green. Although, I agree with the purple feather.

Welcome back and thanks for the links!

Alan W. Davidson said...

Katey- I've been thinking of getting a matching pair of zebra pajamas made.

Jarmara- You are most welcome.

Mari- You're not late at all.

Ant- Thank you, sir. We aims to please.

Lou- Thanks for the fashion advise. I shall keep that in mind.

J. M. Strother said...

Hey, Alan, I love your outfit. Where can I get me one?
~jon