Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving...the Sequel

It's Thanksgiving Day for my American friends to the south and west of me. I'd like to send out a big 'Happy Thanksgiving' to you all. I hope that you dig into your turkey, or ham, or roast, or tofu substance with relish (and a bit of mustard, too). I hope that you have a great long week end and for my fellow NaNo-ites, I hope that the writing doesn't take you away from family for too long...or the other way around--Note that Canada celebrated Thanksgiving on the more 'NaNo friendly' October 12.

I am at 38,375 words (83 pages, single spaced) and am preparing for the big push to the finish over the week end.

7 comments:

EC said...

Happy Turkey Day.

Aaron Polson said...

I had a vegan friend who once tried to shape her tofu into a turkey. I've never understood the desire to eat meat-shaped vegetarian dishes. Cheers!

Paula RC said...

I'm with Aaron on that! I lke my vegetables to look like vegetables not meat....;-)

Good luck with your writing, Alan and happy Thanksgiving too. X

Laura Eno said...

Thanks for the good wishes and happy writing! I'd rather have NaNo in January. :)

Fox Lee said...

*Stares at tofurky in horror*

I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.

Alan W. Davidson said...

Erin-Thanks!

Aaron-Makes you wonder, doesn't it. Is a vegan secretly pining for meat?

Jarmara-Thanks for the luck.

Laura-The switching of NaNo to January holds a lot of merit for this environment. It would give us another entertainment option, other than shovelling snow and drinking beer.

Nat-It had that effect on me as well...though, the stuffing looks a bit like mince.

Katey said...

One thanksgiving we had Tofurkey, because I brought another vegetarian to dinner, and she supplied it.

My god, it was horrible. And if you're veggie, why, for the love of mike, do you want food that looks like MEAT?

I don't know why I felt the need to tell you that, but there it is. Thanks for the holiday wishes!