Friday, June 5, 2009

...and Once, I Was the Queen of Sheba

Ok, I've got to admit this blogging business has me on to some strange topics. Dissecting of animals, satanists, deadly book piles and ninja cheerleaders. I was hoping that I would come up with a normal idea today. I can always rely on the morning show folks on the radio for interesting banter. Interesting yes, normal no. They mentioned a story about a Dutch psychiatrist practicing in Nepal using past-life therapy to heal issues. I googled that and couldn't find a peep on the Internet. However, it got me thinking about a guy I once met...

It was the early '9os and I was engaged to a woman back in London (Ontario, that is). We'll call her "former ex-fiance or FEF" to protect the innocent. FEF wanted to go visit a farm about 15 minute drive outside of the city. It was supposedly the site where the infamous Donnelly family was murdered back in the 1880. Sure enough, the land owner was more than happy to provide a tour of the site for a modest $20 fee. He was a historian with a specialty on that family and their fate. When the property had come up for sale a couple of years earlier he leaped at the opportunity. We got to see the depression in the ground where the small wooden house once stood (they were murdered in the house and it was set on fire). He showed FEF and I a barn on the site that dates to about that time and casually mentioned that he was in regular contact with one of the murdered Donnelly women. Say what? Yes, he spoke with her spirit. He mentioned that he did past-life regressions for people. I was fascinated by this and was a mere $200 away from finding out who I was of importance in any number of past lives. Was I Hess or DaVinci; perhaps it was St. Francis of Assisi or maybe the Queen of Sheba. Or was I just Bobo the caveman. It's funny that when you hear about this sort of stuff. People always seem to be someone famous. Although, my uncle was once married to a woman who believed she was a witch in a former life. Not a famous witch, just an everyday ordinary witch. Yeah, that would be me. Just a regular guy.
Who would you be?

4 comments:

Aaron Polson said...

I always like to think of my former caveman name as "Zog". It has a tough, masculine sound to it. A stampeding mammoth probably crushed Zog 'cause the dunderhead was too busy strutting around saying, "I am Zog!" but hey, he had to die sometime.

Cate Gardner said...

I'm not ever certain who I am in this life. ;)

Fox Lee said...

A gay asian man. And I was fabulous : )

Alan W. Davidson said...

Aaron- Sorry to hear about your caveman...better luck next life.

Cate- me neither!

Natalie- I'll bet you were! I think I will now always refer to you as George.