Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Home Remedies

When in a pinch, I know that I can always rely on the morning show folks at
K-Rock for a quirky discussion.
They had people call in with home remedies to ailments, so I present you with a short list:

  • Use baking soda and vinegar for poison ivy.
  • Use a bread poultice.
  • Place tea bags over your eyes if suffering from "welder's flash" from being exposed to the bright flame of a welder's torch (near and dear to me, being from the steel building industry).
  • For a bee sting, cut an onion in half and place over the location of the sting.
  • Tie a dirty sock (the dirtier, the better) around your neck to ease a sore throat.
  • To stop a nose bleed, tie a green ribbon (that you received from a stranger) around your neck.

I should add my disclaimer, at this point, in case any of these things make your eyes bleed, or make you smelly, or something like that...try at home AT YOUR OWN RISK...

That being said, I now give you my two personal fav home remedies:

  • Kiss a cow (if you have one handy) on the rear end to cure chapped lips.
  • One caller's elderly grandfather fell of an ATV and had an ear lobe ripped off. To remedy this, his wife glued it back on with turpentine and tree sap...and it worked!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

checks the date... nope, not April 1st...

Fox Lee said...

I think I'll stick with Blistex ; )

Carrie Harris said...

Turpentine and tree sap.

Um... wow. The mind boggles.