- Immediately after my last post about the bad zombie stripper movie I recently watched, my follower count dropped by one...I'm not sure exactly who that was but if I offended you in any way I'm sorry. Remember people...my posts aren't always educational.
- Remember a couple of posts back where I listed the 10 things that made me happy? I forgot to list "Finding forgotten money in my gym bag." Just found $30.35 woo hoo!
- The Juno Awards were just held this weekend in St. John's...for those American, Brits, Australian and Serbians in the crowd those are the Canadian equivalent to the American Grammy Awards). Sadly, I did not attend or even watch any events. I am not really up on current Canadian music and am helplessly lost in the world of 70's classic rock. The folks flying into town were hampered by the fog that has hung over the city for day. Flying out, they were hampered by the impending ash from last Thursday's volcanic eruption in Iceland. You can link to the CBC news story here. Who said nothing ever happens at Land's Edge...
- Have been working diligently on a flash story that I submitted yesterday to Laurita Miller's contest at Brain Droppings. Am now wracking my brains for something with a Canadian flair for Michael J. Solenders upcoming 'All-Canadian' week at his blog Not From Here, Are You? Regardless of what country you are from, if you have a 'Canadiana' story idea pleeeease pass it along!
- Working on selecting a few Caribbean photos from our recent holiday to post both here and on my Facebook page. I will try to keep the nudity to a minimum.
- Am also working on a 'special' post that I'd like to finish up in the next week or 10 days. Am waiting on the little bas--sorry, the 'special guest' to return my phone calls.
- I have noticed the past couple of weeks that I've hit a sort of 'critical mass' in the number of blogs I regularly read and comment on. I am now somewhat saturated with posts listed on the blogger dashboard and I can't keep up with reading all that is there. It may have something to do with the fact that some people (you know who you are) post multiple times in a day. If I haven't been commenting on your blog recently it's not because I don't want to, it's more because I've only got 3 or 4 small windows of time each day and sometimes the postings of others become outdated before I can get to them. To remedy this, I am planning on having my 14 year old read your blogs every day and comment on my behalf. So if you find future comments from me a bit juvenile, rambling or heavily laden with sexual talk or angst...it's the boy talking ;)
The Halloween List: Dog Soldiers and Area 51
4 hours ago