Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Winter's Icy Grip

I'm sitting here working (well, at least on a coffee break...) watching the snow fly outside. Yes it's the last week of May, I'm sporting a slight tan, and there's snow on the ground. The tan is from being outside recently in the scorching 20 deg. C. temps. painting the shed (some of it). Today it's 1 deg. C...it's enough to drive someone to work, or even writing...

Perhaps I can use this to my advantage and create a short story around the subject: young(ish) professional draftsman/amateur writer gnaws off own arm (not his writing hand, of course) to escape icy spring storm and to provide him with a source of nourishment. Yes, I have been reading too many horror stories recently. Hmm...summer is only 26 days away...

1 comment:

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

Heh. It snowed at our place on the long weekend a year ago. Just nasty.