Wednesday, August 19, 2009

One Lovely Blog Award

I have been off work sick the past couple of days. My wife has the same nastiness. You should all be glad that you're not here watching us hock up greenish, blackish chucks of mucus, or lung or whatever that substance is (I know that you all are mostly writers of the horror genre, so a little mucus shouldn't gross you out...)

Anyway, the days of rain have finally stopped and the clouds are parting (ha, of course they haven't. This is Newfoundland, land of never ending fog). Again I digressed, probably a result of the cough syrup I've been swilling.

Back on Monday, Anton Gully bestowed upon me the "One Lovely Blog Award" at his blog The Black Dogs of Despair Ate My Novel. If for no other reason, you have to check out his blog for the picture of the two miniature pinchers. We have something of a bond as we have both recently returned to the writing world, both started blogging about the same time and were the first visitors to each others blog.

I have been secretly basking in the warmth of receiving the "One Lovely Blog Award" but it is now time to pass on the mantle on to another.
Over the past few months I've visited the sites of many friendly and talented writers. People who's blogs are beneficial to those new to writing, that are entertaining and blogs that sort of "tell it like it is" (if I may be allowed to use a cliche). It's difficult to pick one, but I will do exactly that. One classy gentleman (and I mean that with the utmost respect) has impressed me as an educator, a writer of fine horror, an editor and seemingly a well-balanced dude. The humble and multi-talented Aaron Polson mixes an entertaining blend of the professional and the personal at his blog The Other Aaron and can be found lurking there on a regular basis.

Note that the anthology from his Fifty-Two Stitches is now available to pre-order from the Strange Publications website for $11.95 in the US, and $14.95 elsewhere.

Should Aaron choose to accept this fine award, and the ensuing hurricane of PR that comes with such, here are the rules:

1) Accept the award, and don’t forget to post a link back to the awarding person.

2) Pass the award on.

3) Notify the award winners.

7 comments:

Fox Lee said...

Point taken: those are ADORABLE dogs : )

Laura Eno said...

I've been following this...flowery...award through its frightening journey to the dark side of horror with delight!

I've discovered some great sites because of it, including yours.

K.C. Shaw said...

I hope you all get to feeling better soon. It seems the creeping crud is going around. Watch out--maybe the giant hogweed triffid is assimilating you!

Cate Gardner said...

A fantastic choice. :)

Katey said...

Yay go Team Alan, and go team Aaron! You guys both rock, and brighten up my blogging day.

Aaron Polson said...

Thank you Alan, I will do my best to pass on this award to a deserving party/parties.

Alan W. Davidson said...

Natalie, yeah, they're cute dogs, but I like pugs too ;)

Laura, Thanks! You're right, the award could use some "darkening". Perhaps that flower in the corner could be a human limb, or the tea cup could be over-flowing with blood...

KC, It's Friday AM and I'm doing a little better (good enough to work). Too late, I think the Borg assimilated me a long time ago.

Cate, Thank you kindly.

Katey, Thanks. I enjoy my daily trip to your blogs well.

Aaron, your welcome. Hope school isn't stealing too much of your time.